This series is a collaboration brought to you by myself and Michelle Zagardo, to share what we’re loving. I mean, it’s kind of like the highlights of our Slack conversations but we wanted to bring you into it. Let us know what you’re loving in the comments below!
ONE// Whew… it’s been a rough week for women’s rights. Feeling frustrated? So are we, but this article from the Cut lays out a handful of ways that you can help women in the states with extreme abortion bans.
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s jump headlong into some things that made us feel great this week:
TWO// These VERY fluffy cows are giving us hair-spiration for daaaaaaays!
THREE// Michelle is teaching you how to get this regal Twisted Crown look with her latest YouTube tutorial. Featuring one of my personal favorites, the Jute Maxi, giving your hair the royal treatment could not be easier.
FOUR// Speaking of regal, we LOVE this photo of the new Royal Family and would like to extend our warmest welcome to baby Archie!
FIVE// I’m still working on my garden and this year I’ll be joining the National Pollinator Garden Network. Over 1 million gardens, from North America to Europe have been registered as part of the National Pollinator Garden Network, which aims to save dwindling pollinator populations. Learn how to register, and more importantly how to make your garden a good habitat for bees and butterflies by visiting the Million Pollinator Garden Challenge official website.
SIX// Betsey Johnson is giving us major nostalgia this week. The designer revived her 1997 runway collection, this time with Urban Outfitters as a 10 dress collection. I’ve got my eye on this red Polka Dot Halter Midi Dress. View the full collection here.
SEVEN// This precious video from Architectural Digest shows you how the iconic Grace Coddington puts her cats to work around the house.
EIGHT// If you were just recently made aware that certain apricot and walnut shell scrubs will scratch the life out of your face, I’ve got you covered. Ditch the harsh scrubs and swipe on a more gentle chemical exfoliant, like this 2% BHA Liquid from Paula’s Choice. I ordered it after reading this review years ago and fell in love. Make your routine more sustainable with these re-usable organic hemp cotton rounds.
NINE// Catch up on season one of Pose, which is currently on Netflix (before the second season drops on FX in early June). Centering around New York’s underground ball scene and LGBT life in the 1980’s, creator Steven Canals’ Peabody Award winning drama series features the largest cast of black and brown queer and trans people in television history and is super binge-able. Stream Pose here.
TEN// Alisha Ramos, founder and CEO of Girls Night In (GNI) newsletter, is coining the phrase “community wellness,” a new branch of self care. Read her conversation about the benefits of fostering a sense of community as a part of Mental Health Awareness Month with Hello Giggles here.
Not to bury the lead or anything, but Lysande is officially on Twitter! So, instead of featuring Instagram accounts, we’d like to share some of our favorite Twitter accounts that we discovered this week:
- @ArlanWasHere – Founder of Backstage Capital, which invests in companies “led by underestimated founders,” is full of entrepreneurial wisdom and is serving us #wcw everyday.
- @EmrgencyKittens – This account is exactly what it sounds like: a reliable source for cute fuzzy pictures to lighten your feed.
- @ShopLysande – DUH! We’re twitter official! Tweet us!
Podcasts we’re loving:
- Fresh Air from NPR’s interview with Howard Stern– In an unexpected love-fest with Terry Gross, Howard Stern discusses how “His ‘Pure Id’ Days Are Behind Him.”
- To Live and Die in LA– In typical Lysande is Loving fashion, I give you another true crime podcast (sorry, not sorry!). I recently listened to the entire series on a road trip with my husband. Not only was this missing person’s investigation a riveting listen, but we learned a lot of hair-raising amount information about how accurately our own personal devices track us and can tell about our lives. Yikes!
- Dumb People Town– Keep tabs on what Florida Man is up to in this hilarious comedy podcast from the Sklar brothers and Daniel Van Kirk.
What are you loving? Let us know in the comments below!
Alex and Michelle