This series is a collaboration brought to you by myself and Michelle Zagardo, to share what we’re loving. I mean, it’s kind of like the highlights of our Slack conversations but we wanted to bring you into it. Let us know what you’re loving in the comments below!
ONE // Screen time limits on the iPhone! Michelle started using the screen time limits on her phone two weeks ago and is now off of social media, email, etc from 10pm-7am. It’s not for everybody, but she said it’s helping her create more work/life balance.
TWO // I tried a sample of this product and was obsessed. The exfoliating scrub makes sure you have a smooth (lipstick) canvas, and the agave lip balm will quench even ‘Tales from the Crypt Keeper’ level chapped lips.
THREE // The new Netflix original movie The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind. Based on the true story of 13-year-old boy William Kamkwanba, who was inspired by a science book to develop a way to protect his Malawian village from famine. If you have kids, read the book together before you watch the movie!
FOUR // Captain Marvel starring Brie Larsen; Michelle is loving women-themed super hero movies.
FIVE // This awesome read from allure.com about how visually impaired women are affected by and changing the beauty industry.
SIX // Rodarte x Universal Standard launched a size-inclusive clothing line (sizes run from 00-40) Um, this is the coolest thing EVER and we can’t wait to get our hands on some pieces. Oh, and their gorgeous size-inclusive campaign on the ‘gram gave us all the heart eye emojis. ❤
SEVEN //Michelle recently watched the movie The Way Back, (a recent add to Amazon Prime) based on the true story of a diverse group of characters who escape a Siberian gulag, traveling 4,000 miles by foot. The Telegraph called the film “A journey that feels awful and heroic and unfathomable – and one you’ll want to watch again.”
EIGHT // I’ve been reading about grad student Katie Bouman, who developed a crucial algorithm which made that now viral first image of a black hole in space possible.
NINE // Vetta Capsule released their newest summer capsule– we love this brand because they’re kind of like the Lysande of clothes: a small, eco-conscious, slow fashion brand, that makes pieces that can be worn a bunch of ways!
IG Accounts we’re loving:
- @jhardesty: If you’re looking for something to smile about, follow Jason – a New Orleans UPS driver – on his adventures. Prepare for shots of the most beautiful homes and most importantly his selfies with the local pups.
- @meg.boggs: is started the hashtag #this_is_postpartum for moms to share postpartum bodies and ditch the “get my body back” mentality.
- @karenbritchick: describes her IG as “outfit ideas and afro hair.” Michelle described her style as “crazy creative high fashion meets vintage finds.”
Podcasts we’re listening to:
- Still Processing– a New York Times podcast about popular culture, society, art, dating, and work. This description does not do it justice. New episodes are releason on Thursdays, you’ll love it- we promise.
- Bodega Boys – It’s exactly what it sounds like: a comedy podcast that reminds me of those guys who stand outside the corner store talking current events, making jokes, and occasionally waxing philosophical. Honestly, they had me looking a little silly cracking up at the gym this week, but it’s the perfect listen for a long commute or cooking.
- Serial – Season 3 just dropped and we’re already binge-listening, not right before bed, though!
What are you loving? Let us know in the comments below!
Alex (and Michelle)